24 August 2009

Sweat and Salad

i haven't posted anything on the weight loss front in a while, mostly because there's been nothing to post. When i went to New York for that seminar, i had no time to exercise, and i sort of fell off the wagon. Packing and moving served as excuses for the next several weeks, and when i arrived here, well, i packed my social calender so that i could make new friends and that served as an excuse!

So last week when i went to my gym to transfer my membership from Wichita to here, i knew they would weigh me, and i prepared myself for the worst. i was sure i wouldn't have gained all 40 back, but i thought 10 at best, 20 at worst.

Then i got on the scale, and... nothing! i maintained. So even though my timeline is off (i had hoped to be below my post-Emily weight by my birthday), at least i didn't lose any ground.

So, now i'm back to a routine of sweat and salad. The walking/jogging i was doing in Kansas has been put on hold for now. There's an active rapist running around Fairmount Park here in Philly and the news says you can walk there, but best not to do it alone, and especially not alone with an iPod in your ears. [pointing to myself] So instead of walking 3 miles once a week, i use the elliptical machine in my apartment's clubhouse for 35 minutes 3x/week. i figure that's a fair trade, if not a better one.

i also have a date, if i can bring myself to call the guy back. It's scary to think about going out on a date for the first time in almost a year. i don't even know how to make a connection on a date anymore... not without 3" of ice and Tennyson, or rope and thumbtacks, or swords and moonlight (you college buddies remember when i stabbed Duncan in the hand and had to take him to to the hospital for our first date?.... heh... i don't think that'll work a second time).

But for now, i'm enjoying the fruits of summertime! i spent the last two days poolside, and will drive up north to hike Big Pocono sometime later this week. Those pictures should rock, so stay tuned!

2 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Ahhh, the Duncan stabbing. I'll also recall a certain guy crawling around my living room at your demand. You do have a way with the guys.

Good for you for maintaining your level of fitness.

And, if I don't get to you in the next few days... HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I love you!

24 August, 2009 21:22  
Blogger Andee said...

Congrats on the maintaining! That's wonderful! And I'm glad that you are doing thr eliptical.....

02 September, 2009 08:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home