12 November 2009

Waiting for Relief

i won't be able to post much for another week or so.... comment writing time is coming up.

Last Saturday i went out with 10-Digit Man. i was so excited when he gave me his phone number. And excited as i drove to the place we were to meet. We had a great time. We laughed, he teased me about keeping one eye on the football game (Clemson takes out Florida State, yeah baby!), and parted well. When i got home i realized... i didn't have that little fluttery post-first-date feeling. Am i just too old and practical for that now? This guy is out-of-my-league good looking, funny, smart, powerful... why are there no butterflies? And am i still supposed to have them? Or is this just what i should expect from dating in my thirties?

He also admitted to me that his biggest concern about me was me not having enough time for him. Argh, guys, get over it... i'm a teacher, i work my ass off, ok? He said he'd have to revise his time expectations for me. i said i appreciated that. He asked when we could go out again, i said... five days, when i'm done writing comments. i'm sure that went over well. Will there be butterflies next Wednesday??

Until then, i am focused on my comments. One section tomorrow and tomorrow night. Two sections on Saturday. One on Sunday.

In other news, i watched the Steelers play Monday Night this week, and was floored. i haven't been paying much attention to the NFC, but during halftime i was informed that the Stains (i mean Saints) are undefeated. Whhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!!? How bitter am i going to be if the Steelers play the Saints in the Super Bowl and i can't talk trash with Jeff? i believe my students would tell me the proper expression is... "O-M-G."

(i am assuming the Steelers will go the Big One again, of course.... Of course!)

Lastly, last Sunday was the most glorious day i have seen in ages. At least since moving here. i went for a long walk down to Germantown Avenue (the main drag through this neighborhood) and did some Christmas shopping as i walked. i found the coolest little ice mold.... Easter Island statues!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home